Scheduling -- 573.760.8460
An X-ray (radiograph) is a noninvasive medical test exposing part of the body to a small dose of ionizing radiation to produce pictures of any bone in the body. X-rays are the oldest and most frequently used form of medical imaging.
New Digital X-ray Room
Parkland Health Center added a digital radiographic room equipped with Siemens Ysio digital X-ray equipment. This equipment provides a safer, faster X-ray experience for patients. The digital image means the technologist never has to leave your side. This was a gift from the Parkland Health Center Foundation.
- Diagnoses broken bones or joint dislocation
- Demonstrates proper alignment and stabilization of bony fragments following treatment of a fracture
- Guides orthopedic surgery, such as spine repair/fusion, joint replacement and fracture reductions
- Looks for injury, infection, arthritis, abnormal bone growths, and bony changes seen in metabolic conditions
- Assists in the detection and diagnosis of bone cancer
- Locates foreign objects in soft tissues around or in bones