At Parkland Health Center, our mission is to provide excellent care with great compassion.
As part of BJC HealthCare, Parkland Health Center offers a unique combination of world-class medicine along with the deep local roots and rich history of its three predecessors – Bonne Terre Hospital (opened in 1911), Mineral Area Regional Medical Center (1952), and Farmington Community Hospital (1969). Parkland Health Center has two locations in St. Francois County, Missouri – a full-service acute care hospital in Farmington as well as a three-bed critical access hospital in Bonne Terre. Parkland Health Center provides quality primary and secondary level inpatient and outpatient services to the people of St. Francois County and surrounding areas in southeastern Missouri.
Parkland Health Center offers a full continuum of inpatient medical-surgical and intensive care, obstetrics, and 24/7 emergency services, along with a wide variety of outpatient services including wound care, cancer and infusion care, cardiac and pulmonary rehabilitation, in-patient and out-patient surgery, diagnostic radiology, therapy services, infusion center and sleep disorder diagnosis and treatment. Please visit Medical Services for additional information on services and physicians, or call Parkland’s physician finder service at 800.392.0936 or 573.431.3338.
Parkland Health Center is part of BJC HealthCare, one of the nation’s largest nonprofit health care organizations.
Awards & Accreditations
- American Heart Association's Mission: Lifeline® STEMI Referring Center Silver Plus Award (2022)
- Cribs for Kids® National Gold Certified Safe Sleep Hospital (2022)
- Vizient Community Hospital Quality and Accountability Award (2020, 2021)
- The Joint Commission’s Gold Seal of Approval® (2018)
- Missouri Breastfeeding Coalition Gold Level Breastfeeding Friendly Worksite Award (2018)
- Missouri Dept. of Health and Senior Services Time Critical Diagnosis Unit Level III STEMI Center (2018)
- Missouri Dept. of Health and Senior Services Time Critical Diagnosis Unit Level III Stroke Center (2017)
- The Joint Commission Advanced Primary Stroke Center Re-Certification (2017)
- Bernard A. Birnbaum, MD, Quality Leadership Award from Vizient, Inc. (2016)
- The American Heart Association and the American Stroke Association’s Heart-Check mark for Advanced Certification for Primary Stroke Centers (2015)
- Heart LifeLine Alliance SM DIDO Award (2013, 2014, 2016)
- Top 100 Hospitals ® by Thomson Reuters (2007, 2008)
Parkland Health Center Is a Proud Member of Local Chambers of Commerce