The Parkland Health Center Foundation is a 501(c)(3) charitable organization established in 2009. Founded with an anchor gift from the Alex Hawn estate, the Foundation supports Parkland Health Center's efforts in providing quality care to residents in its community. The Foundation also provides a tax-wise method of giving for those who may wish to honor a loved one or help others in need of medical care. Parkland Health Center is a not-for profit hospital and is part of BJC HealthCare.
The Foundation focuses on helping provide:
- Leading-edge technology and clinical equipment
- Clinical services
- High-quality physicians and other medical professionals
- A thriving workforce that provides superior patient care and is passionate about service excellence
- Public health education
The Parkland Health Center Foundation Board ensures that funds received are used in accordance with the donor's intent. Please consult with your financial or legal adviser.
The Foundation is pleased to receive:
- Online Donations -- Our new secure electronic form makes donating to the Foundation quick and easy.
- Cash Contributions by Check -- The Foundation is a 501(c)(3) charitable organization.
- Bequests -- A bequest to the Foundation will allow you to leave a legacy that will help future generations.
- Memorial or Honoraria -- Your tax deductible gift can help others while honoring or memorializing a loved one. An appropriate acknowledgement will be sent upon your request.
- Appreciated Securities -- By helping, you avoid capital gains taxes on an appreciated security while at the same time receiving a tax deduction for the market value of your gift; this is the most tax-wise method of contributing to the Foundation.
- Charitable Gift Annuities and Trusts -- This can provide a tax deduction for you now, and a method for you to earn an annual income throughout your lifetime.
Make your donation now by mail, phone or use our secure, online system. Charitable gifts are tax-deductible to the extent allowed by law.
Your gift to the Parkland Health Center Foundation will be put to excellent use, directly improving the patient experience at Parkland Health Center. Some examples of philanthropic gifts from the Foundation:
- Sentinelle Vanguard S-Series breast coil -- A specially designed coil that enables Parkland’s radiology department to perform breast MRIs in conjunction with mammography and breast ultrasound. In addition, the new coil has breast biopsy capability.
- Digital radiology room equipped with Siemens Ysio Wi-D digital X-ray equipment -- This equipment provides a safer, faster X-ray experience for patients. The digital image means the technologist never has to leave your side.
- Expansion of the oncology/hematology center at Parkland-Bonne Terre -- The expansion means less waiting for chemotherapy patients, and a more comfortable environment.
- Vocera Voice Communication Project -- Enables hands-free, voice-controlled wireless communication and allows staff to communicate more easily and more directly with patients, physicians, and one another.
The Foundation also provides annual funding to Meals on Wheels for Special Diets, and the Landrum-Hirsch Scholarship for nursing students at Mineral Area College.