You want only the best for your baby, and at Parkland Health Center we offer the combination of medical expertise and compassionate care, right here at home. And in that rare case when something is wrong, we know what to do.
We offer a range of medical staff specifically to care for you and your baby, from prenatal care to delivery of your newborn and as your baby grows into childhood and beyond.
- Obstetricians (OB physicians)
- Experienced OB nurses and nurse technicians
- Specialized RNs and paramedics from St. Louis Children’s Hospital
- Epidural anesthesia available 24/7
- Family practice physicians
- Comfortable, home-like environment
- Private and semi-private rooms
- Dads can stay overnight with mom and baby and enjoy a complimentary breakfast
- Mom can choose her meals from a specialized menu
- Wireless internet, flat-screen TVs, DVD players
- Extended visitation for family and friends
Childbirth, Breastfeeding, and Sibling Classes
Learn more about our childbirth, breastfeeding, and sibling classes offered every month >>
Cord Blood Donor Site
We are a donor site for the St Louis Cord Blood Bank’s First Gift Donation Program. Expectant moms and dads can choose to donate their baby’s cord blood to help other children with serious medical needs. This procedure is non-invasive, painless and does not interfere with the birthing process. There is no additional cost.
We offer free DNA testing for babies of single moms.
St. Louis Children’s Hospital Transport Team
If there is a serious problem with your baby, we are ready. St. Louis Children’s Hospital includes a transport team, a KidsFlight helicopter and a mobile pediatric intensive care unit at Parkland Farmington.
The team includes a pediatric-certified paramedic and two registered nurses with extensive training in newborn and pediatric intensive care and pediatric trauma. These experts and equipment can assist to transport a baby or child to St. Louis Children’s Hospital from Parkland Health Center and other hospital Emergency Departments within a 250-mile radius. When not on an emergency call, they can also assist the Parkland Health Center staff with the medical care of a baby or child.