The St. Francois County Vaccine Coalition is comprised of St. Francois County Health Department, Parkland Health Center, BJC Medical Group – Medical Arts Clinic, the City of Farmington, and the St. Francois County Emergency Management Agency. The coalition has partnered with the Missouri National Guard (MONG) and the Missouri State Department of Health and Senior services to bring a mass COVID vaccination clinic to Farmington.
Governor Mike Parson announced in a recent news release that the Missouri National Guard (MONG) will be assisting the Department of Health and Senior Services (DHSS) and other state partners in establishing COVID-19 vaccination sites across the state. A mass vaccination team has been assigned to each of Missouri's nine Highway Patrol regions.
The SFC Vaccine Coalition will host a mass vaccination clinic on Thursday, Feb. 4 from 8:30 a.m. to 7 p.m. at the Farmington Civic Center. Individuals who pre-registered with the SFC Health Department, who receive a call from a coalition member, and been provided an appointment time, are eligible to receive the COVID-19 vaccination. This is not a first come, first serve event.
Who is included in this mass vaccination event?
- Individuals who have pre-registered with the SFC Health Department and have received a call from a coalition member to schedule an appointment time. This is NOT a walk-in event.
How will I be scheduled?
- A member of the SFC Vaccine Coalition will call pre-registered individuals and offer them a time block of when to attend the vaccine clinic.
What vaccine will be given at this event?
- The Pfizer vaccine will be given at this mass vaccination site. Pfizer’s vaccine was approved for those age 16 and older. It is not recommended for individuals who have experienced a serious reaction (e.g., anaphylaxis) to a prior dose of a COVID-19 vaccine or to any of its components. For information on vaccine components, refer to the manufacturers’ package inserts from Pfizer.
- The vaccine is a two-dose vaccine. It is important individuals return for the second dose to develop the highest level of immunity. Date for the second dose is February 25, 2021.
How to prepare for the event:
- Appointment is REQUIRED for this event and attendees will be screened and approved before they are allowed to park.
- Do not arrive any earlier than 30 minutes before your scheduled appointment time.
- Bring your photo ID.
- Wear a short-sleeved shirt.
- Masks are required.
We ask that members of the general community do not attempt to walk-in to this mass vaccination clinic as they will be turned away if they do not have an appointment.
The SFC Coalition anticipates additional vaccine will be received. Additional information will be shared as it becomes available. For the most current information, follow St. Francois County Health Department and Parkland Health Center on Facebook.
If you would like to be receive the COVID vaccination, we encourage you to pre-register on the SFC Health Department website at SFCHC COVID-19 Vaccine Pre-Registration